Presented By The Lancaster Rotary Club
Lancaster Snow Derby Race Dates
Facebook Lancaster Snow Derby
- January 11th 2020   Lancaster
- February 1st 2020   Stratford
- February 8th 2020   Lisbon
- February 22nd 2020   Lancaster
- March 7th 2020   Stratford
- March 14th 2020   Lancaster
Facebook Lancaster Snow Derby
Points classes will have to follow points rules. Please refer to points class information. Lisbon, Lancaster and Stratford are all part of the points series.
Early registration is encouraged with a discounted rate. Please visit our website registration page for details.
- The Lancaster and Stratford race is a "2 track" event. Kids Track and Youth / adult track.
- Top 3 in any given race will receive trophies.
- Pits open at 7:00 am. Registration opens at 7:30 am. PLEASE be pre registered if at all possible. Registrations close at 9:00 am. Nobody can register after 9:00 am. Pre race safety inspection will take place from 8:30 am to 9:30 am. Racing will start promptly at 10:15.
- Additional technical inspections may occur. Driver +1 crew member may be present. Race representatives will be present.
- If a duplication of race number occurs, then the last one to register will have to change his / her race number.
- Sleds may jump up from the older classes to the newer classes. Newer sleds may not jump down into the older classes.
- Pre-registration will speed the process for racers and event officials. We encourage you to pre-register if at all possible and to promote that we offer discounted registration fees.
- Adult $30.00 per sled for 1 class / $15.00 for each additional class.
- Youth $20.00 per sled for 1 class / $10.00 for each additional class.
- Race Day Registration: Race day registration will be from 7:00 to 9:00 am the day of the race you are competing in. Registrations will close at 9:00 am. Pre race safety inspections will occur from 8:30 to 9:30.
Race day registration
- Adult $40.00 per sled for 1 class / $20.00 for each additional class.
- Youth / Kids $30.00 per sled for 1 class / $15.00 for each additional class.
- Youth and adult classes in Stratford and Lancaster are scored with a transponder system. Kids classes are flagged. Each driver in a transponder scored class will be required to have a transponder.
- The transponders are affixed to your helmet. 1 set of transponder decals is needed per driver. Each driver will need a transponder sticker set in order to be scored during the race. Lancaster and Stratford will use transponders. Kids tracks are flagged / no transponder required.
- Adult $10.00 per sled / pre register is $5.00
- Youth $10.00 per sled / pre register is $5.00
- All drivers are 18 or older except for specific age classes.
- Drivers under 18 will need a parent / legal guardian present on race day to complete the youth application for.
- Drivers will be disqualified for unsportsmanlike conduct to include but not limited to bumping, pushing or hitting another driver if deemed intentional by Race officials.
- Starting procedure will be consistent with a motocross style race with competitors lined up with engines running. Flag start and finish will be used.
- Any sled that stops running for any reason or is disabled must be pulled into the infield as quickly as possible. Crew members are not allowed to cross the track to assist in repairs.
- Running sleds must have a tether that is attached to someone at all times. Teathers must be operational, No exceptions.
- By registering for the race drivers agree to accept all decisions of the race officials at all times.
- Chest protectors are required to be used by drivers in all classes.
Race Length   ( Lancaster / Stratford )
- Qualifier adult / youth 3 laps
- Qualifier kids / 5 laps
- Feature adult / youth 5 laps
- Feature kids / 5 laps
Safety Requirements all classes
- Helmets and eye protection are mandatory in order to compete. It is recommended that each driver have a high visibility colored helmet. 75% blaze orange color is recommended.
- Chest protectors are required in all classes. Motocross style chest protectors are not acceptable protection and will not qualify. Tech Vest or equivalent is recommended.
- High visibility clothing is recommended with at least a 12x12 area of blaze orange coloration front and back.
- Tethers are required in all classes and must be attached to the driver at all times while engine is running.
- Gloves and leather boots with at least 6 inches above ankle coverage are mandatory in all Mod classes and recommended in all other classes.
- All competing snowmobiles must have a functional snow flap securely installed in its proper mounting configuration.
- All Competing snowmobiles must have a functional OE clutch / belt guard securely in place.
- Spectator fee $10.00. Kids under 10 years old are free.